Thursday, June 2, 2011

Evaluation about Unit 19 - Digital Graphics for Interactive Media

This particular unit was way too different from the rest. It was all about design. We also got to learn some basics of Adobe Photoshop CS 4; whilst whoever wanted to get to know more, the best way was to either follow some Photoshop tutorials which can be found on YouTube or else just simply experiment! Mainly the aim of this unit was to being introduced to basic tools and techniques of digital graphics soft-wares such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for interactive media products.

In this unit, the tasks were all revolved around blogging too. We had to create our own blog (http://sephoracutajar1410.blogspot.com) on www.blogger.com in which we had to post twice a week. However, we had to make up for missed posts on other weeks.  Apparently, our posts have to consist on related research on MediaCAST and blog aesthetics and also anything related to media such as film trailers, reviews, and critics.

We were also asked to create a blog for MediaCAST. I teamed up with a group and begin to discuss things up. Firstly, everyone took his/her role and mine was marketing and researcher. Then we pointed out some crucial points. The colour scheme, the design of the banner and background and also gathering some information from other students.

To market our blog, individually, we had to create a set of three banners and three posters using our own pictures (in this case we carried out a photo shoot).

To conclude, any difficulties I might have encountered, was with the Adobe Illustrator as I couldn't get used to it but some practice had easily changed my difficulty, although I am still a bit green about this software. On the other hand, gladly, I really got used to Adobe Photoshop. Apart from the basics I got to learn from school, the YouTube tutorials were quite handy, indeed! I even got to have it installed on my home PC and often use it for my photography and whatever are the needs.


Other than that, what I would have changed could be the attitude (if possible!) of some certain people. Being told that you don’t anything when you’ve been working like a dog had totally frustrates the life out of me but anyway I take that as an experience for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment